"Ladies' Night Out" Meeting
- A planning meeting will take place on Wednesday, April 30th at 6:30 in the Media Center. Come join the fun (and earn volunteer hours)!
"Let's Cook" on TV Next Week!
- The TV episode of “Real Food” which features our “Let’s Cook” Club will be airing the Week of April 20th . "Read more" for dates/times. Read more...
Spring Has Sprung - Start Planning Your Gardens!
2014 PreOrder form - Spring Plant Sale.pdf
See order form below...Orders due Tuesday, April 29th
. "Spring Plant Sale 2014"
color brochure with photos and detailed information about flowers/plants can be found "In the Backpack." Read more...
FIELD DAY NEWS
- This year field day is scheduled for Friday, May 23rd. This day is for students and parent volunteers only
. Parents who wish to volunteer must be VIRTUS trained and background checked prior to the event. Information on this process can be found "In the Backpack." Volunteers may not bring younger children with them when they volunteer for safety reasons. Contact Elizabeth Astacio, PA President at email@example.com if you want to volunteer for Field Day. Read more...
Immunization Requirements for 2014-2015
- See link below for updated list of immunizations required by New York State.
- Many thanks to the Huntington Learning Center in Bay Shore for their donation of rulers for our students to use on the New York State Math assessments.
Dancing Classrooms Presentation
- Our 4th and 5th Graders showed off the dance skills they learned through our "Dancing Classrooms" program. "Read more" for photos. Read more...
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall
- Mr. St. George is in need of two mirrors. They need to be at least 2 feet by 3 feet and frames are not necessary. Please email him at firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help. Thank you!
The Long Island Catholic Magazine - Click on the link below for information on how you can subscribe to the Diocese of Rockville Centre's monthly Catholic magazine.
TLIC Subscription Information.pdf
SIGN-UP NOW FOR SPRING ENRICHMENT CLUBS!
Spring 2014 Enrichment Clubs updated.pdf
-- See link below for list of clubs being offered. "Read more" for information on how to register.
NEW CLUB: "BUILDING with Legos, Knex,etc." on Wednesday starting March 26th with Ms. Cuttonaro for Grades K-3
- Our Nursery and Pre-K students were treated to an entertaining interactive performance that included fascinating bubble sculptures and soap bubble tricks along with comedy geared for children ages 3-5. "Read more" for photos. Read more...
St. Patty's Day in Pre-K!
- Mr.s Sullivan's Pre-Kers enjoyed green bagels on St. Patrick's Day. "Read more" for photos.... Read more...
Bagpipes at OLL!
Saffron Pipe Band.pdf
- Members of the Saffron United Pipe Band, from the Ancient Order of Hibernians in Babylon, Division 2, performed for the students and faculty.
- Many thanks to the International Buffet Committee, chaired by Claudia Barker and including:
April Magwood, Theresa Barone, Bronwen Sessa, Elizabeth Astacio, Ann
Marie Flynn and Juan and Jackie Aviles. We also appreciate all the parent volunteers, student volunteers and chefs who all contributed to such a successful event. Read more...
- Thanks to all who supported the recent Faculty Bowling Fundraiser. We raised $ 3,838.00 !! "Read more" for a list of all the wonderful things our teachers were able to purchase with this money. Read more...
TV Stars at OLL!
Let's Cook NEWSDAY Article.pdf
- Members of our "Let's Cook" Club, moderated by Mr. St. George, were guests of Msgr. Jim Vlaun on his Telecare TV program "Real Food." Click here
to see NEWSDAY online's coverage. See below for NEWSDAY's print article.
- Please note the following changes to our end of the year calendar. Grades K-7: FULL days June 16, 17, 18 & 19; Early Dismissal days June 20, 23, 24 (tentative last day). Kindergarten Graduation is now June 17th. Moving-Up Ceremonies for Nursery and Pre-K have also been changed: 3-Day Nursery on June 11th; 2-Day Nursery on June 12th; 3-Day Pre-K on June 16, and 5-Day Pre-K on June 18th.
Tomorrow's Hope Foundation Applications
- Please look in "In the Backpack" for the Student Aid Form Application which is due this year on April 18th
. Families (Grades K-8) in need of financial assistance toward tuition are encouraged to apply. If you received assistance this year, you must reapply for the 2014-2015 school year.
We have a New FACEBOOK Page
- In preparation for the upcoming 50th Anniversary of Our Lady of Lourdes School we a have a new FACEBOOK page which will help our many alumni connect with their alma mater. "Like" us at this link: OLL School Facebook Page
OLL UNIFORMS 2014-2015.pdf
- There will changes to the uniforms of Grades 6, 7, & 8 beginning in September, 2014. Read more...
REGISTRATION FOR 2014-2015
Registration Renewal Notice 14-15.doc
- Re-registration letters were mailed home to each school family. Please return this form with your $50 registration fee as soon as possible to reserve your spot for the 2014-2015 school year.
School Board Newsletter
January 2014 Newsletter.pdf
- Please click on link below for the OLL School Board's January 2014 Newsletter.
LOST & FOUND
- There is a Lost & Found table outside the Nurse's Office. We have quite a collection of jackets, sweaters, etc. that need to find their owners!!!
eChalk Class Alerts - If you registered for Class Alerts last year you must update your information for the coming school year in order to get notices from the correct grade. Look in "Directory" and go to "Parent Registration."
There is a link to go to if you have already registered for this service the previous year and then you can manage your alerts once you log in.
Volunteer Incentive Programs
- Please check with your employer to see if they have a "Volunteer Incentive Program" which supports non-profit organizations. We recently received a generous donation from Verizon because one of our parents was given credit for volunteering here at OLL. Every little bit helps!
- Please "Read more" for the Diocese of Rockville Centre official notice on non-discrimination. Read more...
Our School Handbook is a Living Document.
"A new rule is in effect immediately upon student notification" p.16
NO student will be released from the Bus line as a walker
the homeroom teacher receives a note in the morning!!!!
Security of your children is extremely important to us
PARENTS: Please be conscious of where you park to let the children off - Leave HANDICAP parking spaces for those who need them
School Library Access
Visit our library catalogue at http://ollschool.follettdestiny.com
Choose a book or view eBooks online
LERNER Books access username and password: ollschool