- "Read more" for photos from today's May Cronwing in honor of the Blessed Virgin Mary. Read more...
MARK YOUR CALENDAR!
P.T.A. Meeting, Monday, June 8th at 7:30pm. Agenda: Officers, Events, Committees. We need everyone's input to make our new P.T.A. a success!
"Race for Education" is Huge Success!
- Thanks to the generosity of our families and friends we raised over $9,000 for our school through our recent "Race for Education." THANK YOU
to all who participated! "Read more" for some photos... Read more...
Join the Catholic Action Network TODAY!
- CLICK HERE
for the link to sign up for this easy way to contact your representatives. Please contact your NYS legislators TODAY
to ask them to support the Education Tax Credit
bill. Go to investined.org for more information.
Make Plans for Ladies Night Out on Friday, June 5th!
- Click HERE
for details on this fun night of eating, drinking, dancing and laughing!
Ladies Night Out's Exciting Raffles
! - Click HERE
for information on two exciting baskets being raffled off -- advance raffle tickets being sold for $20.
Volleyball Team Wins Championship!
- Our Lady of Lourdes Gold volleyball team won the CMSAA (Catholic Middle School Athletic Association) 2015 champion!
Lacrosse Team Wins!
- OLL students Nick Killian and Nick Caprio played on a CMSAA lacrosse team this year.
Their team dominated their division and won an impressive 6 out of 7 games.
PowerSchool Parent Portal Will Close June 8th
- The PowerSchool parent portal will be closed so that teachers can work on final grades in preparation for report cards. Please note: Teachers will still be grading work/texts/quizzes after this date which will be factored into grades.
Rally for Religious Freedom
- "Fortnight for Freedom 2015: Freedom to Bear Witness" - June 25th at 7:30pm, Chaminade High School, Mineola, NY. Seating is limited, early registration is encouraged. To register call 516-766-0161 or 631-896-8331. See flyer linked below for details.
Spring Concert Photos!
- "Read more" for photos from our recent Spring Concert featuring Grades K-8, and our School Orchestra, School Band, Guitar Ensemble and more! Read more...
Mark your calendars!
School opens for the 2015-2016 school year on Tuesday, September 1st for Grades K-8... Read more...
Watch for Our New Web Site! - Our Lady of Lourdes School's website will be making major changes this summer. As of July 1st we will be moving over to a new web hosting company so that we can be up and running smoothly for the beginning of the new school year. Please pardon our appearance while we undergo these changes! Wait until you see our new look! You won't be disappointed!
Send your child to camp at Our Lady of Lourdes this summer! - During the summer, children get a well deserved vacation from school, but parents still have to work. The Camps ‘R’ Us location here at Our Lady of Lourdes School takes the worry out of planning your child’s summer vacation. Read more...
Recess Duty Reminder
- We greatly appreciate parents coming to assist with recess supervision. Just a reminder...parents cannot bring younger siblings with them as they are a distraction from the parent's ability to focus on the children at play.
School Board Openings
- Parents who are interested in applying for a position on the Our Lady of Lourdes School Board are asked to contact School Board President Juan Aviles for more information. His email is: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Antonio Aviles placed flags on tombstones at Calverton National Memorial Cemetery. He was with the Boy Scouts honoring fallen members of the military on Memorial Day.
Jordan and Raquel Smith participated in "I Love My Park Day" at Robert Moses State Park. They volunteered to clean up, paint life guard chairs, put together and post "Stay off the Dunes" signs at Robert Moses Beach. We are very proud of their efforts and enthusiasm!
Grandparents & Special Persons Luncheon
- Students invited their Grandparents or other Special Persons to a special luncheon as a thank you for all their love and support. "Read more" for photos and a special message... Read more...
En el restaurante Don Ricardo's: (At Don Ricardo's restaurant) - Eighth grade students from Mrs. Lora's class demonstrated the effectiveness of their speaking and listening skills when placing their orders in Spanish at Don Ricardo's restaurant in Babylon. Read more...
OLL School "Dancing Classrooms" Team Wins Bronze! - OLL School's 4th and 5th grade dance team won a Bronze Trophy for their performance in the 2015 Colors of the Rainbow Team Match & Festival on Sunday, April 26th. Read more...
"Anne of Green Gables" -
Congratulations to Mr. St. George, the Cast and the Crew for a fabulous performance! "Read more" for some photos from the show. Read more...
A Visit to the Zoo! - The 4th grade students studying a unit on animals in Mrs. Lora's Spanish class honed their Spanish language skills. Read more...
Girls Scouts Make 2nd Graders First Holy Communion Gifts -
The girls in OLL School Girl Scout Troop 1214 made First Holy Communion gifts for the our 2nd graders. "Read more" for a photo of the present! Read more...
- Students from the 6th grade visited Mrs. Sheridan's Pre-K to help with an Easter project and work on puzzles together. "Read more" for photos. Read more...
Keep Cutting Out Box Tops!
- We just received a check for over $1,000
from the Box Tops for Education Program...Thank you to all who participate in this worthwhile project -- and keep on cutting out those Box Tops! Read more...
Accessing Online Textbooks
- We suggest that you use Google Chrome as your Internet browser when accessing online textbooks. It seems to work with the fewest "glitches."
We have a New FACEBOOK Page
- In preparation for the upcoming 50th Anniversary of Our Lady of Lourdes School we a have a new FACEBOOK page which will help our many alumni connect with their alma mater. "Like" us at this link: OLL School Facebook Page
Volunteer Incentive Programs
- Please check with your employer to see if they have a "Volunteer Incentive Program" which supports non-profit organizations. We recently received a generous donation from Verizon because one of our parents was given credit for volunteering here at OLL. Every little bit helps!
- Please "Read more" for the Diocese of Rockville Centre official notice on non-discrimination. Read more...
Our School Handbook is a Living Document.
"A new rule is in effect immediately upon student notification" p.16
NO student will be released from the Bus line as a walker
the homeroom teacher receives a note in the morning!!!!
Security of your children is extremely important to us
PARENTS: Please be conscious of where you park to let the children off - Leave HANDICAP parking spaces for those who need them
School Library Access
Visit our library catalogue at http://ollschool.follettdestiny.com
Choose a book or view eBooks online
LERNER Books access username and password: ollschool