2-Hour Delayed Start. Monday, March 2, 2015
- Our Lady of Lourdes School will open at 10 a.m. on Monday. It will be a FULL DAY of school for all grades. The early dismissal for Grades K-8 has been changed to Monday, March 9th.
OLL Thespians Take Note!
- Auditions for this year's spring drama, "Anne of Green Gables," take place on Thursday, March 5th from 3-4pm. Please note that this year's play is a drama and will not require singing auditions. Good luck everyone!
Don't miss this opportunity! Nationally Renowned Speaker
Courage to Speak Presentation Flyer.docx.pdf
- Adults (only) are invited to a special presentation at OLL School on Thursday evening, March 5th at 6:30pm ($10 per adult) by the Courage to Speak Foundation. Read more...
POLAR VORTEX ALERT!
-- Please note that the children are permitted to wear their track suit gym uniform on any day when the temperature falls below 20 degrees.
International Buffet, March 7th
International Buffet flyer 2014.pdf
- Plan to join us for a culinary trip around the world on Saturday, March 7th. See flyer linked below for details.
Adult Bowling Night 2015.doc
BOWLING FUN! - NO WRITTEN HOMEWORK FOR STUDENTS WHOSE PARENTS ATTEND!
- The Faculty Bowling Fundraiser will be held this year on Friday, March 13. Parents are invited and encouraged to attend. See the attached flyer for more details. Also, the faculty is looking for additional baskets/items to raffle off at Bowling Night. If you are able to donate a basket/items, please contact Krista Harris at Kharris@ollshool.org.
Dancing Classrooms - Transforming Lives One Step at a Time
- View this video to learn more about the innovative ballroom dancing program offered here at OLL School to our 4th and 5th graders. Click here: Video
PowerSchool Parent Access Closed
- The PowerSchool Gradebook parent portal has been closed so that teachers can enter final grades and comments for the Trimester 2 report cards. It will reopen once report cards have been mailed home on March 6th.
Sarah Skala qualified to swim her 100 yd backstroke at the ASCSC County Championships in April that is held at Eisenhower Park. Qualified time of her swim 1:18.64…woowhoo!!
Madalena DiPientrantonio did it again! She donated another 12.5 inches of hair to Locks of Love for a total of 40 inches so far! We are so very proud of her!
Feast of Our Lady of Lourdes, February 11th
- We celebrated the Feast Day of our patron saint, Our Lady of Lourdes, at a school mass. "Read more" for the story of St. Bernadette and Our Lady of Lourdes. Read more...
OLL Students Helping Others!
- During Catholic Schools Week students donated non-perishable food items on "Soup-er" Bowl Day, toiletries on "Crazy Sock Day," and new pajamas on "Pajama day." All donations benefited the Our Lady of Lourdes Parish Outreach. Read more...
Chocolate Sale Begins!
Opt Out Letter 2015.docx
We encourage each family to sell at least one case of 60 Worlds Finest
chocolate bars (bars are $1 each) -- we receive 50% profit from each case sold! Sale ends Friday, Feb. 27th. Read more...
We are now accepting registrations for the 2015-2016 school year. Please see "Admissions" in the toolbar above, call the school office at 631-587-7200 or email Mrs. Gregg at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Human Board Game Comes to OLL!
- Students in Grades K-8 enjoyed a special Catholic Schools Week treat sponsored by the Parents' Association..."Read more" for photos. Read more...
Tomorrow's Hope Foundation Newsletter
Jan 15 Newsletter.pdf
- Please see link below for a the January, 2015 newsletter from the Tomorrow's Hope Foundation.
EVENT CHAIRPERSON NEEDED
- We are looking for a school parent who would be interested in heading up our Christmas Season Wreath Sale and/or our Spring Plant Sale next year. Read more...
Buy Your Yearbook Booster Ads Now!
Yearbook Booster Ad 2015.pdf
- Deadline for purchasing booster ads in our 8th Grade yearbook is April 30, 2015. See form linked below for more information.
Keep Cutting Out Box Tops!
- We just received a check for over $1,000
from the Box Tops for Education Program...Thank you to all who participate in this worthwhile project -- and keep on cutting out those Box Tops! Read more...
- Please see "Read more" for information from the NCEA (National Catholic Education Association) on how you can sign up for the USCCB's (United States Conference of Catholic Bishops) action alert system. Read more...
Our Lady of Lourdes School will continue to report school closings due to snow, weather or other emergency situations on our school web site and News 12. In addition, we will use the SchoolReach parent communication system as an overlay to the public announcements.
Shop Amazon.com and Help Raise Funds for OLL School
- Eligible purchases at AmazonSmile will earn our school 0.5% of the purchase price! Just shop through www.smile.amazon.com
. "Read more" for the OLL link to Amazon Smile. Read more...
Accessing Online Textbooks
- We suggest that you use Google Chrome as your Internet browser when accessing online textbooks. It seems to work with the fewest "glitches."
Immunization Requirements for 2014-2015
- See link below for updated list of immunizations required by New York State.
We have a New FACEBOOK Page
- In preparation for the upcoming 50th Anniversary of Our Lady of Lourdes School we a have a new FACEBOOK page which will help our many alumni connect with their alma mater. "Like" us at this link: OLL School Facebook Page
Volunteer Incentive Programs
- Please check with your employer to see if they have a "Volunteer Incentive Program" which supports non-profit organizations. We recently received a generous donation from Verizon because one of our parents was given credit for volunteering here at OLL. Every little bit helps!
- Please "Read more" for the Diocese of Rockville Centre official notice on non-discrimination. Read more...
Our School Handbook is a Living Document.
"A new rule is in effect immediately upon student notification" p.16
NO student will be released from the Bus line as a walker
the homeroom teacher receives a note in the morning!!!!
Security of your children is extremely important to us
PARENTS: Please be conscious of where you park to let the children off - Leave HANDICAP parking spaces for those who need them
School Library Access
Visit our library catalogue at http://ollschool.follettdestiny.com
Choose a book or view eBooks online
LERNER Books access username and password: ollschool