Send your child to camp at Our Lady of Lourdes this summer! - During the summer, children get a well deserved vacation from school, but parents still have to work. The Camps ‘R’ Us location here at Our Lady of Lourdes School takes the worry out of planning your child’s summer vacation. Read more...
Transportation Applications Due to School Districts this Wednesday, April 1st!
Spring Enrichment Clubs Begin After Easter Break
- Please sign up for clubs BEFORE
we leave for Easter vacation. The Enrichment Club forms can be found "In the Backpack." CLICK HERE
for list of clubs being offered.
Boxes Needed for Play Sets!
- Mr. St. George is looking for oversized
boxes (i.e. refrigerator, dishwasher size) to use to build the set for "Anne of Green Gables." They can be brought to the School office. Thank you!
Spring Fling is Almost Here
! - Join us for a wonderful evening out on Friday, April 17th at beautiful Carlyle on the Green
in Bethpage State Park! Click here for details:Spring Fling Flyer
St. Patrick's Day Comes Early to OLL!
- Members of the Saffron United Pipe Band, from the Ancient Order of Hibernians in Babylon, Division 2, performed for the students and faculty on Friday, March 13th. Read more...
- Congratulations to to Mia Sessa, Mitzy Jimenez, Terence Lin, Christopher Kubelka, Kayla Dantini, Katharina Waldbaum, and Madalena DiPietrantonio for representing Our Lady of Lourdes at SCMEA (Suffolk County Music Educators Association) this weekend. Bravo on your outstanding performances!
Chocolate Sale Winners Announced! -
1st Place ($100) - Gabriella Lherisson; 2nd Place ($50) - Madison Appold, and Jake and Christopher Inzirillo; 3rd Place ($25) - Sierra Hardy and Miranda Saenz De Viteri. CONGRATULATIONS! "Read more" for photos. Read more...
- Thank you to the families who represented Our Lady of Lourdes School at the rally this past Saturday. Read more...
- Plant Sale planning has begun! We are looking someone to chair this event next year... Read more...
Tomorrow's Hope Foundation Newsletter
Jan 15 Newsletter.pdf
- Please see link below for a the January, 2015 newsletter from the Tomorrow's Hope Foundation.
Dancing Classrooms - Transforming Lives One Step at a Time
- View this video to learn more about the innovative ballroom dancing program offered here at OLL School to our 4th and 5th graders. Click here: Video
Adrianna Aloni was recently crowned Royal International Miss NY State Princess. After working several months for this huge honor, she is now the reigning 2015 Miss NY! Her reign will include many fundraisers, charity events, community service and publishing a children's book written by her on accepting children who are different or have disabilities. ("Read more" for photo.)
Antonio Aviles, David Martinez, Amanda Aviles and Christine Martinez participated in the 11th Annual US Hong Ik Tae Kwon Do Championships at Queens College and received medals and trophies in various individual events.
Justin Thomas is a Finalist in the Diocese of Rockville Centre Respect Life Youth Contest for his bookmark. Winners will be announced on March 26th...good luck Justin! Read more...
EVENT CHAIRPERSON NEEDED
- We are looking for a school parent who would be interested in heading up our Christmas Season Wreath Sale and/or our Spring Plant Sale next year. Read more...
Buy Your Yearbook Booster Ads Now!
Yearbook Booster Ad 2015.pdf
- Deadline for purchasing booster ads in our 8th Grade yearbook is April 30, 2015. See form linked below for more information.
Keep Cutting Out Box Tops!
- We just received a check for over $1,000
from the Box Tops for Education Program...Thank you to all who participate in this worthwhile project -- and keep on cutting out those Box Tops! Read more...
- Please see "Read more" for information from the NCEA (National Catholic Education Association) on how you can sign up for the USCCB's (United States Conference of Catholic Bishops) action alert system. Read more...
Accessing Online Textbooks
- We suggest that you use Google Chrome as your Internet browser when accessing online textbooks. It seems to work with the fewest "glitches."
We have a New FACEBOOK Page
- In preparation for the upcoming 50th Anniversary of Our Lady of Lourdes School we a have a new FACEBOOK page which will help our many alumni connect with their alma mater. "Like" us at this link: OLL School Facebook Page
Volunteer Incentive Programs
- Please check with your employer to see if they have a "Volunteer Incentive Program" which supports non-profit organizations. We recently received a generous donation from Verizon because one of our parents was given credit for volunteering here at OLL. Every little bit helps!
- Please "Read more" for the Diocese of Rockville Centre official notice on non-discrimination. Read more...
Our School Handbook is a Living Document.
"A new rule is in effect immediately upon student notification" p.16
NO student will be released from the Bus line as a walker
the homeroom teacher receives a note in the morning!!!!
Security of your children is extremely important to us
PARENTS: Please be conscious of where you park to let the children off - Leave HANDICAP parking spaces for those who need them
School Library Access
Visit our library catalogue at http://ollschool.follettdestiny.com
Choose a book or view eBooks online
LERNER Books access username and password: ollschool