- Thanks to all who supported the recent Faculty Bowling Fundraiser. We raised $ 3,838!! "Read more" for a list of all the wonderful things our teachers were able to purchase with this money. Read more...
SIGN-UP NOW FOR SPRING ENRICHMENT CLUBS!
Spring 2014 Enrichment Clubs.pdf
-- See link below for list of clubs being offered. "Read more" for information on how to register. Read more...
SPRING AHEAD! - Don't forget to set your clocks ahead one hour on Saturday night.
International Buffet flyer 2014.pdf
- Saturday, March 29th following the 5:00 PM mass. Enjoy a variety of delicious dishes from around the world! See flyer below for details.
to Niason DaCosta on the birth of his baby sister, Ovia Lynell DaCosta, who
was born Wednesday morning, March 5th.
It's Almost "SPRING BREAK" Time!
Spring Break 2014.pdf
- Make plans to attend the adult only "Spring Break" social event on Saturday, April 12th at Lily Flanigan's Pub. Click on flyer below for details.
CHOCOLATE SALE RESULTS -- And the winners are....
1st Place - Elefante family
2nd Place - Le Family
3rd Place - Inzirillo Family
- The PowerSchool Parent Portal will be closed on Friday morning, March 7th to allow the teachers time to finalize and input grades in preparation for report cards.
Chocolate Sale Money Due -
Please turn in $60 for each box of chocolates sold.
POLAR VORTEX ALERT!
-- Please note that the children are permitted to wear their track suit gym uniform on any day when the temperature falls below 20 degrees.
Spanish-Speaking Countries Project - Fifth grade students in Mrs. Lora's Spanish classroom completed a project on Spanish-speaking countries. Read more...
SUMMER CAMP OPEN HOUSE!
CRU March 15 Open House.pdf
- Come learn about our exciting summer camp program -- "Camps R Us...Open House on Saturday, March 15th at 3 PM. Flyer linked below or go to www.CampsRUs.org
Extra Points from Stop & Shop!
- Please see the flyer linked below to learn how we can earn 5x the points on certain products during the month of March.
TV Stars at OLL!
Let's Cook NEWSDAY Article.pdf
- Members of our "Let's Cook" Club, moderated by Mr. St. George, were guests of Msgr. Jim Vlaun on his Telecare TV program "Real Food." Click here
to see NEWSDAY online's coverage. See below for NEWSDAY's print article.
- Please note the following changes to our end of the year calendar. Grades K-7: FULL days June 16, 17, 18 & 19; Early Dismissal days June 20, 23, 24 (tentative last day). Kindergarten Graduation is now June 17th. Moving-Up Ceremonies for Nursery and Pre-K have also been changed: 3-Day Nursery on June 11th; 2-Day Nursery on June 12th; 3-Day Pre-K on June 16, and 5-Day Pre-K on June 18th.
Tomorrow's Hope Foundation Applications
- Please look in "In the Backpack" for the Student Aid Form Application which is due this year on April 18th
. Families (Grades K-8) in need of financial assistance toward tuition are encouraged to apply. If you received assistance this year, you must reapply for the 2014-2015 school year.
Kucala Photo 1.jpeg
Kudos to Timothy Kossegi and Samantha Whatmough for their participation
in the Polar Bear Plunge in Long Beach. They braved the
cold water to benefit the Make A Wish Foundation
We have a New FACEBOOK Page
- In preparation for the upcoming 50th Anniversary of Our Lady of Lourdes School we a have a new FACEBOOK page which will help our many alumni connect with their alma mater. "Like" us at this link: OLL School Facebook Page
OLL UNIFORMS 2014-2015.pdf
- There will changes to the uniforms of Grades 6, 7, & 8 beginning in September, 2014. Read more...
REGISTRATION FOR 2014-2015
Registration Renewal Notice 14-15.doc
- Re-registration letters were mailed home to each school family. Please return this form with your $50 registration fee as soon as possible to reserve your spot for the 2014-2015 school year.
School Board Newsletter
January 2014 Newsletter.pdf
- Please click on link below for the OLL School Board's January 2014 Newsletter.
LOST & FOUND
- There is a Lost & Found table outside the Nurse's Office. We have quite a collection of jackets, sweaters, etc. that need to find their owners!!!
eChalk Class Alerts - If you registered for Class Alerts last year you must update your information for the coming school year in order to get notices from the correct grade. Look in "Directory" and go to "Parent Registration."
There is a link to go to if you have already registered for this service the previous year and then you can manage your alerts once you log in.
Volunteer Incentive Programs
- Please check with your employer to see if they have a "Volunteer Incentive Program" which supports non-profit organizations. We recently received a generous donation from Verizon because one of our parents was given credit for volunteering here at OLL. Every little bit helps!
- Please "Read more" for the Diocese of Rockville Centre official notice on non-discrimination. Read more...
Our School Handbook is a Living Document.
"A new rule is in effect immediately upon student notification" p.16
NO student will be released from the Bus line as a walker
the homeroom teacher receives a note in the morning!!!!
Security of your children is extremely important to us
PARENTS: Please be conscious of where you park to let the children off - Leave HANDICAP parking spaces for those who need them
School Library Access
Visit our library catalogue at http://ollschool.follettdestiny.com
Choose a book or view eBooks online
LERNER Books access username and password: ollschool